What’s Next Boomer Business Summit, Chicago, March 19, 2010
For the seventh year in a row, on March 19, leading experts on the “boomer and beyond” marketplace will gather for the What’s Next Boomer Business Summit.
- Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964
- 77 million baby boomers represent 28% of the U.S. population and account for 77% of all financial assets
- Every 7 seconds someone is turning 50
- By 2010, 108 million people will be over 45
- Households headed by someone 40 or older hold 91% of America’s net worth
- Boomers constitute 35% to 38% of Internet users
- The caregiving marketplace is $800 billion
There is an impressive lineup of speakers, with a wide range of experience.
The day-long program includes a 45 minute session of what I assume are parallel workshops – four in all, on the general topic of “Web 3.0 Strategies: Tools You Can Use NOW to Boost Your Boomer Business”.
- Maximize the effectiveness of your e-newsletter and online marketing programs
- Get a handle on mobile marketing trends and how to reach your customers on smart phones and mobile devices
- Connect, engage, and build loyalty with your customers using FaceBook, twitter, YouTube, blogs, and other social media
- Incorporate iPhone apps into your overall marketing strategy
- Make Google tools work for you
(I must confess to cringing a little at the “Web 3.0” tag. I’m not really sure what “Web 3.0” is: I assume it’s meant as something like “beyond Web 2.0”, but the items listed look to me suspiciously like Web 2.0).
If you are one of the 800+ members of Boomer Authority™, you may have picked up already that there is a 20% discount for the Chicago event (membership of Boomer Authority™ is free).
Note: Des Walsh is the Boomer Authority™ Country Chairperson for Australia – an honorary position.