Invitation to participate in a short survey to help with podcast planning
I’ve put together a short survey (see below), designed to elicit some views and advice on what would be the best time duration for my podcast show on BlogTalkRadio, Des Walsh & Friends.
I’ve been sticking to a thirty minute duration, but am not wedded to that. The thirty minute duration was chosen on the basis of a highly subjective assessment, namely that:
- it enabled my guests and me to share with listeners some reasonably useful/interesting information and opinions
- because it was only half an hour it was not going to be seen as a less than productive time sink.
Related to the second bullet point, the thirty minute duration also met a criterion I’d read or heard from some podcast expert, that it was a good “commute” timeframe for those who want to download and listen on the go.
But I don’t really know.
I do know that when the half hour comes up I am typically wanting to keep going with the conversation.
Then, when I listen to one hour podcasts, some seem a bit too unfocused, a bit rambly and I get a bit antsy.
Hence the survey. It’s really short, with only a few questions and a box for any comments.
Sorry, there is no Caribbean cruise for the most interesting response, but I will report back here on the results. And I’ll be truly grateful.
Think of the good karma. 🙂
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- My Break from Blogging - September 17, 2019
- With Business as With Life, Sometimes It’s Good to Press the Reset Button - March 15, 2018
- 5 Lessons from a Missed Business Appointment - April 15, 2015