A recent guest on my Des Walsh & Friends program on BlogTalkRadio, Shirley George Frazier, shared valuable insights and tips on marketing and business generally.
Shirley is a Solo Marketing Specialist, Best-Selling Author and Professional Speaker. Shirley is recognized worldwide as one of the foremost experts on marketing strategies for small businesses and independent owners who work without employee assistance.
One of the people in small business I most admire and respect – as well as being a totally delightful person to meet online or IRL – Shirley has been in business since 1990. She is President and CEO of Sweet Survival®, a consulting firm specializing in business and marketing support. She speaks at conferences, trade shows and business meetings worldwide.
In the best tradition of the new world of social networking, our friendship developed first online. We then had the pleasure of meeting face to face, a.k.a. in real life (IRL) in New York City in late 2008.
Some of the topics on which Shirley shared her experience, insights and wisdom:
- How to manage multiple activities effectively, focusing on what you want to accomplish on a yearly, monthly, weekly and daily basis
- How she has traced her entrepreneurial inclinations and talents back to a great-great-grandmother and other forebears
- The wonderful story of how an amazingly successful gift basket business got started
- How someone who has suddenly been put out of work can look seriously and practically about starting their own business
- Practical guidance on how to do due diligence on business opportunities
- How people without special technical expertise can cut through the mystification and get started with a website and a marketing campaign
- Why although offline marketing is a necessity, businesses still need to do offline marketing as well
And much, much more.
Some details for more information about what Shirley does and thinks and how to reach her:
If you have a relative or friend who is even vaguely wondering about the possibility of establishing their own business, or who is in business already, I urge you to share the link with them. I know that if you do, you will be doing them a seriously good favor. Know someone like that?
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Work from Home to Navigate Your Future - April 2, 2020
- “Dress” or “Undress” for Success as a Home Based Entrepreneur? - February 8, 2020
- My Break from Blogging - September 17, 2019