I’ve not been alone in wondering about the usefulness of Twitter – Next Big Thing, The New Blogging, Complete and Utter Waste of Time??? – but I’ve just had a nice outcome, courtesy of keen user, Microsoft blogger Frank Arrigo.
When I noticed on Twitter that Frank was at the Microsoft TechEd event at Broadbeach, about a 25 minute drive from me, I suggested a coffee. Frank went one better and got me onto the panel for the Bloggers Lunch tomorrow at TechEd.
The subject for the panel Web 2.0 and Social Networking:
- What is Web 2.0?
- Does it deserve the hype that surrounds it?
- What does it mean for traditional media outlets?
- What does it mean for societal communications?
- Impacts on privacy, online safety etc?
- The impact for technology professionals?
I’m assured it’s going to be highly interactive.
Coffee would have been nice. This will be even better.
I think I might get to really like Twitter.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- My Break from Blogging - September 17, 2019
- With Business as With Life, Sometimes It’s Good to Press the Reset Button - March 15, 2018
- 5 Lessons from a Missed Business Appointment - April 15, 2015