John Jantsch, blogger extraordinaire, has kicked off a discussion about LinkedIn the social network service. He has invited readers to contribute their thoughts on LinkedIn and suggests that comments cover:
- How you use it for business
- Success stories about connections made
- Horror stories about wasting time
There is a good lineup of people who either actively dislike LinkedIn or just haven’t found it helped them. Others put the view that LinkedIn is another tool, not the be-all and end-all. As someone who has definitely benefited in various ways from my membership of LinkedIn – and of related groups – and having co-authored a book on how recruiters use LinkedIn – I am definitely on the side of the discussion which says, if you use LinkedIn in a sophisticated way, it can really help you.
And I’ve left a link in the comments to Scott Allen’s authoritative LinkedIntelligence blog – a must-read, must-syndicate for anyone who wants to be up with the latest thinking on LinkedIn and how to use it.
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- Work from Home to Navigate Your Future - April 2, 2020
- “Dress” or “Undress” for Success as a Home Based Entrepreneur? - February 8, 2020
- My Break from Blogging - September 17, 2019