I went to a Summit last week and now there’s another Summit I would like to attend, but suspect I won’t be able to – the Blog Business Summit, which is returning to where it started, in Seattle, WA (that’s the State of Washington, not Western Australia, worse luck for me ), October 25-27.
From the publicity so far it looks like there will be a lineup of excellent speakers. Following the formula used in previous BBSs, there is a pre-conference one day seminar on the basics, followed by the conference as such over the next two days. All up the three days cost US$995, but for anyone who is ready to leap in now, and up until August 21, the deal is half that price, $490 for the full three day shebang.
Although I’ve not yet been able to get across the ocean to one of these events, I was a “proud sponsor” (ever met an “unproud” or “embarrassed” sponsor?) of the first BBS. I got some credits for clickthroughs and my reward (as I wasn’t able to get there) was to have an advertisement as part of the program – oh well, those were early days and now I’m publicising the event partly because I like to let people know about such events and especially because I’d hate to think any of my US friends would not know till too late about the half price early bird deal.
The program outline for the main, two day event, looks comprehensive:
- Corporate Blogging Policy
- Blogger Engagement: Getting Past “Pitching”
- Blogosphere/Buzz Monitoring
- Tools and Trends: What’s Next for Bloggers?
- Generating Traffic and Links
- Video Blogging
- SEO Strategies for Bloggers
- Audience Measurement: Quantifying and Qualifying
- And more…
Latest posts by Des Walsh (see all)
- My Break from Blogging - September 17, 2019
- With Business as With Life, Sometimes It’s Good to Press the Reset Button - March 15, 2018
- 5 Lessons from a Missed Business Appointment - April 15, 2015